How to Choose a Dog That’s Right for You and Your Family
Friday’s Rescue Foundation wants to help you find the right pet for you and your family. After all, your pet will be with you for a long time to come! We’ve put together a list of questions, along with a few helpful links to help you on your journey! Enjoy!
- Why do you want a dog?
- How old do you want your dog to be? Will you have time to potty train a puppy?
- What climate do you live in?
- How long will the dog be home alone?
- Do you have adequate space inside your home?
- Do you have a yard? Is it fenced? Is the fencing tall enough for the safety for the type of dog you want? Can the dog dig under the fence? Are
- There gabs or openings in the fence?
- Do you or anyone in your family have allergies to animals?
- Do you have small children?
- Can you afford a pet? http://www.moneyunder30.com/can-you-afford-to-own-a-pet
- How much time do you have to exercise and play with your dog? What type of exercise will you do? (Hiking, swimming, walking, playing, Frisbee)
- You come home after a long day at work and find your dining room chair now has 3 and ½ legs. How upset will you be?
- If you move, will your dog be able to move with you?
- Will your dog live with cats or other animals?