The Adoption Process
Thank you for thinking about adopting one of the wonderful rescue dogs or cats at our Groton animal shelter. Our goal is to find the best possible home for each animal — therefore, we have a very thorough adoption process. At this point, we hope you have visited our kennel and met your new best friend! If not, give us a call at (860) 446-9016 to schedule a time to come in and meet the perfect pet for you. We have dozens of dogs and cats that are looking forward to meeting you!
Once you have selected the animal you like best….
- Step 1: Fill out the adoption application COMPLETELY and submit it, or submit to us through email, mail, or in person at the kennel.
- Step 2: Next, we will check the personal and veterinary references you have provided for us.
- Step 3: Once we have checked all of your references and reviewed your application, we will contact you to schedule a home visit. A representative from Friday’s will come visit your home to make sure your home is prepared for a new pet.
- Step 4: Finally, your application will be presented to the board for final approval.
- Step 5: Upon final approval, you will be contacted to schedule a time to sign the adoption contract and pick up your new family member!
We appreciate your patience during the adoption process! If you have any questions please feel free to review our adoption Information sheet. If there is any way we can help you throughout this process, please let us know!