Thank you for your interest in adopting a senior dog or cat!
Our mission is to bring together deserving people with great pets, who, through no fault of their own, are homeless.
The adoption application is the first step in making a commitment to give one of our special animals a loving, permanent, and exceptional home. Many of the animals in our shelter arrived sick, malnourished, feral, and showing signs of severe neglect and abuse. It is not uncommon for our non-profit organization to have invested thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into the rehabilitation of just one pet that you may want to adopt today. Friday’s Rescue Foundation takes the placement of our adoptable pets very seriously and we work diligently to ensure their safety. We are committed to a thorough adoption process that will include a personal and veterinarian reference check, an inspection of your home, and in some cases, a background check of information that is readily available on the internet. We appreciate your time and candor while filling out our application. Your detail will assist us in helping you find a new family member that best matches your lifestyle and will provide you and your family with years of unconditional love and laughter.
As of January 1, 2015, our adoption fees are as follows:
- All adoption fees for dogs include spay/neuter, up-to-date vaccinations, and microchipping*
- Adoption fees for dogs will vary depending on the cost associated with the specific rescue
- CALL (860) 446-9016 for adoption fee inquiries
- All adoption fees for cats include spay/neuter and up-to-date vaccinations*
- Cats (Cats over 1 year): $175
- Kittens (Cats under 1 year): $225
- We accept personal checks only, please. Adoption fees paid for any dog belonging to Friday’s Rescue Foundation include vaccinations, spaying/neutering, and heart worm and flea and tick prevention as appropriate for the dog’s age and health.
- All adoption fees are non-refundable but are tax deductible as we are recognized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
Our Adoption Information Sheet should be able to answer any questions you may have. Please download and print the adoption application, then it can be submitted in person, or by email, which you’d send to FridaysRescueFoundation@gmail.com. You can also mail it to our kennel: the address is 270 Rogers Rd, Groton, CT 06340. If there are any further questions you may have, and or you need any assistance with the adoption process, please call (860) 446-9016.